Steps to protect your Voice and Data Systems
- Back-up your data, voice recordings to a cloud service or portable disk drive.
- If the storm is predicted to be a direct hit, properly shut down your voice and data appliances. Remove AC cords from the wall or surge protectors.
- Shutdown the battery back-up system. Remove AC cord of the battery back-up from the wall.
- Store PC’s or any network equipment off the floor.
- Forward your business phone number to a cell phone, landline or VoIP service if available.
- Cover all PC’s, voice and data equipment with plastic covers in case of water roof leaks.